Wednesday, February 19, 2020

I am officially frustrated still

 I replaced the Pertronix and the 308 is running again.  However, it's still running like crap. When I got the car back after the rebuild, the engine ran well off idle but at idle, it was popping quite a bit from the exhaust. I went through the exhaust system looking for leaks and didn't find anything. I fiddled with the carbs and it seemed to help, but the popping was still there. Overall, the car runs ok, shifts great, but is still not tuned correctly.

Years ago, at a tech session, I met Mark Glenwood, the lead mechanic at the local Dealership. Mark as years of Ferrari experience and I recently learned that after a few years on the Ferrari Challenge circuit, he's started his own shop not too car from my house. I'm going to have him go through my 308 to get get things sorted once and for all.