Sunday, February 9, 2020

Yep, over two years since the last post

 I don't even remember the last time I went for a drive. I don't remember when it was, but I can't forget what happened. It was a nice day so I decided to drive the 308 to work. On my way home, as I was only a few miles from my garage,  hear a "pop" and lose power followed by a "slow down" light coming on. I've been through this too many times and I know exactly what happened -- I lost a cylinder bank...again.

After it happened, I was so upset and frustrated that I just left the car for a while. I finally decided to do some troubleshooting and the problem ended up being a failed pickup on the Pertronix ignition system. Oddly, the new pickups were red and he previous ones were black. Not sure what that means.

 I can't say that I would recommend Pertronix at this point. The first unit was DOA and the replacement fails after less than 500 miles. If this fails again, I'm going back to points.