Sunday, October 4, 2009

My kingdom for a radiator

The shop that's recoring my radiator is slow. It's been over 2 weeks and I still have no radiator. This is the main thing keeping me from attempting to start the car. My buddy SL came over and we were able to get quite a bit more assembly work done. The front of the engine is done and the other fuel tank is back in. The hoses have been replaced and I'm just waiting for that darned radiator.

On thing I did when I put the alternator belt back on was to make a modification to the mounting bolt. The original came in from the front of the engine and had the nut on the inside, which made it almost impossible to reach. I got a new bolt and ground down the head to lock into the adjustment bracket. Now the nut is on the front and I should be able to get to it now without having to drop the tank again.






Also, I did get a new battery. It's the first time the car has seen juice in 20 years! I did get a set of Birdman's updated fuse blocks, but it's already apparent that I need to do some more work to sort out the electrical system. Most things work like the wipers, blinkers and fans, but there's something strange with the headlight switch. The headlight nacelle comes up, but it doesn't always light.