Saturday, October 2, 2010

A new place to go on a Saturday morning?

I found out last night that Griot's Garage has started hosting a "caffine and gasoline" event on the first Saturday of each month. It's a bit of a drive for me, but I figured I'd try a new venue other than RTC.



The difference between this event and E@RTC is that there was a much more diverse crowd at Griot's. In addition to the handful of Ferraris and Porsches, there were Corvettes, a few hopped up Audis and a 280Z that was so clean, you could eat off the engine. I got there later in the morning and I think a lot of people had already left.



I've visited Griot's new facility before and one of the really cool things is to see what cars Richard Griot has on display. The man owns LOTS of really cool cars and his newest toy is this 1966 Ford GT40. They fired this thing up and the sound was absolutely amazing. Have a listen here.