Monday, November 1, 2010

Obsessing about a switch

Yes, I've been obsessing. I could care less about some things, but I'm absolutely crazy about others. One thing that I really like about the 308 interior is the old school toggle switches. These switches with the black plastic "Mickey Mouse" ear toggles are incredibly cool and it really bothers me that someone replaced the antenna switch with a stupid push-pull knob.



I've searched high and low for an original switch. I got a replacement from Superformance in the UK, but it wasn't right. Functionally, it was just like the original, but it didn't look right. I got another 3-position switch which was made by Lucas (same as the original) for a Triumph motorcycle, but it didn't look right either. Finally, I decided to live with a standard 2-position switch which was more readily available. I've given up on the originality of the 3-position antenna switch controlling a semi-automatic antenna and I'm going to use this 2-position switch controlling a full-automatic antenna. It may not be 100% correct, but it will look right on the console.