Sunday, December 19, 2010

The last drive of 2010?

It was supposed to rain all weekend, but somehow it managed to stay dry today and the sun even came out for a while. We had a windstorm earlier in the week and a tree came down in one of our front pastures. No damage, but I wanted to work on cleanup while it was dry and daylight. I worked on it for a few hours before giving up. It was far too nice a day to spend on yard chores. TK even sneaked out to ride her horse and I was feeling the need to exercise mine. There were a few hours of daylight left so I took the opportunity for a little drive. First stop was to get some peppermint extract and Hershey's Kisses from the grocery store (big Xmas cookie baking session). After getting the supplies, I took the long way home dropping down into the valley along some rural county roads. I could have stayed out a lot longer, but the sun was getting low in the sky and I needed to get back. The car ran great as usual and the drive definitely improved my mood.

Will I get another chance to drive before the end of the year?