Monday, March 28, 2011

What happens in Vegas...

So I find myself in Vegas for a few days this week for a user conference. It's a quick trip -- only two days. While down here, I realize that there's a Ferrari dealership half a block from my hotel. It's in the Wynn hotel, but here's the kicker -- it costs $10 to go in and have a look around! What? If I want to see some cool expensive cars, I need go no further than E@RTC on a Saturday morning. The dealership had a few F430s, Californias and a 599. Cool, but nothing I hadn't seen before. I stopped by anyhow, since there is a Ferrari Store there (no cost admission). It's the first Ferrari Store in North America and I'd never been to one before so I wanted to go. I ended up buying some outrageously overpriced items with the prancing horse logo and posing for a photo next to a Ferrari F1 engine on display. Overall, the store was ok. It seemed pretty sparse compared to any other store. Still, where else can you get a Ferrari racing suit and driving shoes for your child?