Monday, August 24, 2009

Parts arriving daily

Hey it's like Christmas. My new fuel lines, coolant lines and new stainless steel hose clamps are here. The blue hoses are silicone coolant lines. These lines come from someplace in Europe and for some strange reason, and all the US distributors only carry them in blue! It was a 4-6 week wait for a "special order" in black. Oh well, I can live with blue I guess.



These other ones are the special fuel lines from Dave Helms at Scuderia Rampante in Colorado. Dave's done some crazy research on fuels and what they do to fuel lines. Basically, all the Ethanol in today's gas will eat through a rubber fuel line pretty quickly. Dave's had some large lines (for the tank crossover and the fuel filler) made with a Nomex/Arimid covering, silicone body and a liner designed for today and tomorrow's fuels. Hopefully, I won't need to replace these again anytime soon.



I ended up just buying an entire hose kit from Dave. It came with high quality SAE30R9 hose in the smaller diameters plus all the hose clamps. I also got a bunch of stainless steel clamps for the coolant lines.