Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tank out

I got another 2+ gallon can and this time go to drain the tank the easier way. I removed the wheelwell liner from the driver's side of the car to access the fuel pump. I pulled the supply line from the tank (which is only about 3/8") and slowly drain the rest of the tank. Once empty, I remove the two metal straps holding the right fuel tank, disconnect all the connection hoses and wiggle out the tank.



With the tank out, there's all kinds of room to maneuver in there. I loosen the alternator, remove the belt and unbolt the A/C compressor. After sitting for almost 20 years, all the freon has leaked from the system so it's easier to just unhook the A/C lines. A few more bolts and I've got the cam covers off as well as the water pump. Now all I need are the timing belts and the tensioner bearings.