Monday, December 28, 2009

Moving on the interior

This morning I placed a call to Pierce Manifolds and as luck would have it, they had the retaining clip that I lost from the Weber starting circuit. I ordered a handful, just in case I need more. While I was at it, I ordered some bigger idle jets. I suspect that the car is running a little lean, so I'm going to try replacing my size 55 jets with 60 and see what happens.

I decided to stay in the warm house today and work on the interior pieces. The old/new pieces of vinyl are in good shape, so I'm going to reuse them.



Good thing I was working where it is warm as the contact cement I was using needed it to be at least 65 degrees. After hours of drying and lots of pulling and stretching, five pieces are done, and I think they turned out pretty well. There is one piece that is giving me trouble -- the one that goes on the targa hoop. Since it is upside down, the vinyl needs to be secured really well to the supporting aluminum piece. I was running out of cement so I moved on to something else.



I had all the wiring connectors I needed, so I continued working on the window relay modification. I hooked it all up and before final installation in the door, I connected the power to see if the relays actually help. All I can say is, WOW. With the relays, the windows are 500% faster. No kidding, they're like the power windows on a normal car now! The next chance I get, I'll secure the relays and finally be able to put the door panels back on.