Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ok, who wants to race?

Race my windows, that is. It took most of the afternoon, but I ran the wires behind the dash and installed the window motor relays. Wow, I can't believe how much faster the windows are. Ok, they're not as fast as a modern car, but they're super-fast compared to how they were. In hindsight, I should have run the wires while the dash was out, but I guess I just wasn't thinking ahead. This relay modification requires a 12 AWG wire run out to each door. I had to sneak it along the other wire bundles as well as through the grommets in the doors. What a PITA. However, I think I'm done messing around inside the doors so I put the driver's side door panel and armrest back on. In looking at the door panel, I realized that the interior window scrapers are missing. On other cars, the scraper is attached to the upper lip of the door panel. I assume that's how it is on this car as well, but I'm not sure. I'll check around to see where I can pick up these parts.



Tomorrow is Thursday and with any luck, the carburetor parts should arrive.