Thursday, February 4, 2010

While I'm in there...

Since the back of the car is up on jack stands again, now was a good time to find a wire I've been looking for. When I put the engine cover back on, I couldn't find the wire connector for the license plate light. The wire is there on the engine cover side, but I could not find the other end. I figured it was there somewhere, and I needed to remove the passenger side inner wheel liner. After digging around for a while, I found the wire dangling from the top of the wheel well. I fished it back up through a slot and connected it to the engine cover connector. I flipped on the lights and now the license plate lights work...mostly.



There are two license plate lights. One didn't work at all and the other was very dim. I took a closer look and the lenses were really dirty. I removed both light housings had a closer look. Sure enough, one bulb is burnt out. The only way to really clean the inside of the lenses is to grind off these little rivets and take the housings apart.



On another note, I'm still trying to track down a way to fix my parking brake cable problem. I've seen a few places that sell these cables for almost $100 -- EACH! Ouch, let go of my arm!