Wednesday, July 28, 2010

On the road again -- for real this time

Yes, for the first time in what seems like an eternity, I drove the 308 again. TK had someplace to be tonight and before she left, she helped me put the engine cover back on. I did one final check around the car, started it up and backed out of the garage. First stop -- gas station. The last time I drove the car was on Mother's day and because of the misfire, I was anxious to get it home in spite of the nearly empty tanks. After that, a short 5 mile cruise around the neighborhood. I took it pretty easy (like I usually do) and stayed around the speed limit. At one point, I got a little scare when out of nowhere a cop showed up with his lights and siren on. Couldn't be me, as I wasn't speeding. Luckily, he was in a hurry to catch some bad guys and he blew right past me.

The car's running ok. I think it's running a little lean now as there is a noticeable hesitation around 2500 rpm. Maybe I'll switch back to the 0.60 idle jets. I think they even have sizes in between 0.55 and 0.60 so maybe I'll try one of those. The CV boot is tight and there is no more grease being thrown around. We're in for a bit of a dry spell so maybe I'll get some driving time in!