Friday, July 9, 2010

Yikes!

Wow, has it really been over a month since my last post? Well, I'm happy to report that I've finally carved out some time to work on the car tomorrow! No, the bedroom project isn't done yet, but it's getting close. After some paint and trim work, we'll be ready to move our bedroom furniture back in. Good thing too -- I'm getting tired of sleeping in the other room.

We're having our once-a-year heat wave here and it's been in the low 90s for the past two days. I came home today and decided to prep the car to be worked on. The engine cover is already off, but I wanted to raise the car on jackstands as well. In the hot shop, I was able to get it off the ground, but that was about it. I was sweating bullets and had to seek refuge in the cool(er) house. Tomorrow, I'm going to pull the distributors off and replace the old Allison XR700 ignition modules and optical pickups with new ones. It's supposed to be hot this weekend as well, but I'll get an early start to beat the heat.