Saturday, July 31, 2010

Quick Saturday morning outing

I wanted to take a few hours this morning to head down to the E@RTC gathering. It's something that happens every Saturday morning (weather permitting of course) and I'd been meaning to check it out for a while. It was Ferrari Day and there were LOTS of Ferraris. In fact, lots of many kinds of cool cars. Most of your more popular exotics where there -- Lambo, Porsche, Lotus (only one). There were also a few Acura NSXs, some BMWs and even a few muscle cars. By far, the best showing was Ferrari and probably the most Scuderias that I've ever seen in the same place.



Everyone really came though to see the new Ferrari 458 Italia. It was rumored that one would be showing up, along with a new Ferrari California. I had seen a Cali up close, but I had never seen a 458 before. It was AWESOME. I daresay it's the best looking modern Ferrari. When it showed up, everyone swarmed around it to get a closer look. Now only if I had an extra $350K laying around...



I was parked next to a beautiful Argento 512TR and had a great conversation about the 512TR and the Testarossa. I had no idea that the 512TR, which is the Testarossa's sucessor, is almost a completely different car. To the untrained eye, the Testarossa and 512TR look identical, but there are some pretty major differences. You learn something new every day!

Here's a shot of me as I was getting ready to leave. The event started at about 8am or so and the crowd started to thin out at around 10am. I had other commitments so I needed to get going. Fortunately for me, the 308 started right up and I was able to leave the parking lot without any embarrassing noises.