Sunday, August 15, 2010

Note: parts that fall off this car were hand crafted by Italian artisans

We're having another unusual heat wave and I was able to get the 308 out this weekend. TK had to work and it driving her to work was a good way to get a drive in. I also had to run down to my folks' place and it turned out to be a 100+ mile day. The car ran well with no signs of the ignition trouble I had before. I've got my new CV on the back so I was able to ditch the front plate. The front end looks so much cleaner without that plate.



On my way home, I heard a small flapping noise behind my left ear. It gradually got louder and was a little disturbing. I looked back and found out what it was. One of the trim clips holding the B-pillar interior trim piece had broken. The piece was dangling from a single clip. Worse, the vinyl had pulled away and was flapping in the wind. I had to quickly find a place to pull off the freeway to grab this piece before it took flight.



Luckly, I didn't lose the piece. Had I not pulled over, I would have the trim piece. As it was, the vinyl was barely hanging on so I just pulled everything off and put it somewhere safe. Next stop -- an appointment with some contact cement!