Thursday, November 12, 2009

Todo list is getting long again

It seems like I keep finding things to add to the todo list. At some point during it's storage life, the wheels were covered in plastic garbage bags. The reason I know this is that the right front wheel had bits of plastic bag all twisted around the hub spindle. I was able to remove most of the plastic, but there are more pieces stuck between the brake pad and the rotor. To remove the rotor, it should be a simple matter of loosening the bolts. Not so. The upper mounting bolt is partially obscured by a hard brake line. To get to the bolt, I need to remove the line. Removing the line means re-bleeding the brake system (which as you'll recall I just did a few weeks ago).

*sigh*

Add that to the list...

I also decided last weekend that the engine just runs too poorly and the carbs do really need some attention. I ordered rebuild kits (I need 4 of them) and they should be here before the weekend. A few days ago, I stopped by a fabric store and got a small roll of 1/4" open cell foam for the interior. I also have most of the pieces to wire the relays for speeding up the windows. If all goes well, I should get my repaired headlight stalk back in a couple of weeks.