Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dare to dream

Perhaps it's not too distant, but I do dream of a day when I can come home after work on a sunny day and just take the 308 for a drive. Like yesterday, for instance. It was sunny and what felt like 70 degrees! But no, the car is still up on jackstands just waiting to be put back on terra firma. It seems like there are so many little things I want to take care of before it's ready to jump in and drive. Some are legitimate safety concerns (like needing to replace the old tires and fixing the headlights) while others are just plain vanity related. Let's face it, I've waited many years for this car and I don't want to drive it until I'm comfortable with the way it looks. I've been filling and spraying paint chips and I'm still not ready to put that darned Ferrari emblem on the front yet.

On the bright side, it's only March and driving season is only just beginning.