Monday, March 22, 2010

Silence is not necessarily a bad thing

It's been several days since the last post, but it doesn't mean anything is wrong. I've been busy with some other work around the farm, as well as getting out and enjoying life.

The good news is that the car is (at least mechanically) ready to go. I put oil back in the transmission and buttoned up everything in the wheel well. This time, I used Redline 75W90NS and hopefully the 2nd gear downshift will improve. Before I put the engine cover back on and lower the car to the ground, there is one minor detail I want to tend to. There are about a half-dozen paint chips around the car and two of them are only accessible with the engine cover off. Since the cover is off right now, it's a good time to fill these chips. I used some automotive glazing putty to fill the chips, then I sanded them flush to the surface. Next I'll use an airbrush to apply a color coat. When that's done, I can put the engine cover back on.