Monday, March 1, 2010

Getting ready for that clutch replacement

More parts are here. I got the clutch kit on Friday, which consists of the pressure plate, friction disc, throwout bearing and various O-rings. While I was at it, I also ordered a new transfer gear ring nut and replacement rubber pads for the clutch and brake pedals.

Today I got the loaner ring nut tool (Thanks Birdman!). It's made by Baum Tools and it's only lot in life is to remove and install the lower drop gear ring nut on the Ferrari gearbox.



While I was at it, I also got a set of Mat Grabbers from Birdman. He came up with these nifty devices to avoid the "Italian Cruise Control," which is the throttle sticking open due to the floor mat sliding forward. This condition (unlike the Toyota problem), is solved by using the Mat Grabber clip to secure the back of the mat to the seat mounting bolts. To get your own, have a look at Birdman's website: http://birdmanferrari.com/mat_grabber.htm

ZV3EPFSUTTAB