Sunday, April 25, 2010

All Italian Car Show

The local Fiat Club put on a car show today and anything Italian was invited. I actually knew about this show a few months ago and it was my goal to be able to bring my car to it. This was not a judged show but merely a fun event for Italian iron to get together. I've been to many shows over the years, but this was the first one I'd ever been to where I actually registered a car to show. We got there a little late and they put me at the end of "Ferrari row" since there was no more space. We got to share space with a couple of matching 246 Dinos.



It was a fun show. The parking lot was full of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Alfa Romeos and Fiats. There were a smattering of other makes like De Tomaso Pantera and even a Pininfarina body Cadillac Allante. I got to see a lot of cool cars and talk to some Ferrarista about old 308s. I saw something funny too, this sticker on the rear quarter window on one of the Panteras.



The show was about 30 miles from my house so it was a good chance to get some driving time. The car ran well and on the way home, got a chance to drive on some twisties. Fun!