Thursday, April 29, 2010

Exhaust by Stebro

Here is a little before and after video to compare the sound of the Stebro exhaust to stock. As you can tell, the sound from the Stebro is louder and deeper. The deeper rumble is really noticeable at idle. I really like the deep sound, but the volume is just a little too loud (maybe I'm just getting old). The great thing about Stebro is that they can use tip insert resonators to adjust the note and volume of the sound from the pipes. I've been trying to to get a hold of the manufacturer so that I can buy a set. Supposedly, they will reduce the volume by 40%. There are four tips, and I'll be able to use any or all of them to fine tune the sound.



Yes, it appears from the video that my car is blowing a lot of smoke. This is mostly condensation and it goes away when the engine is up to temperature. I know what you're thinking and no, I did not start the engine and rev it up while dead cold. It did warm up for a few minutes before I revved it.