Monday, April 5, 2010

Hurry up and wait

Seems like I'm waiting again. Waiting for the autobody supply shop to finish my color match. Waiting for the rain to stop.

Last Friday, I took a headlight cover to Wesco Autobody Supply to get a color match. They told me it would take a few days -- a week at the most. What? It takes A WEEK to do a color match? Don't they have a fancy machine that just analyzes the color and spits out a recipe? I didn't get a straight answer on this. Something about doing this during some "down time" at the shop. Ok, whatever. As long as it's a perfect match, I guess I don't care how long it takes.

Why is it raining so much? Yes, it's still only April and we won't get good weather until after July 4th. Now that the car is mostly workable, I don't seem to have a chance to drive it. Yes, it's only a car after all and it won't melt but I don't know if the top leaks and I've not had a chance to seal the quarter windows yet.

On a positive note, I finally got all the stuff to upgrade my headlights. I got a relay kit and some new bulbs. I also got some new headlamps as well. A while back, I looked at my lights and THOUGHT that I already had the Cibie lights I was planning to get. Turns out I was wrong (again). The lights I have are the DOT approved Cibie lights. The ones I wanted were the euro spec E-code lights. Since I was getting the relays and bulbs, I went ahead and ordered the lamps as well.