Friday, April 9, 2010

Back in Black...err...Red

I got a call today to come down to the paint shop and have a look at the color match. Apparently, the swatch was a good match indoors, but the guy thought the match was not so good in the daylight so he wanted me to have a look. I had a look and it seemed pretty darned good so I went ahead and got a pint. The paint is a single stage Dupont Centari and I'm looking forward to trying it out. The actual formula he came up with is:

Centari Red Match
758S - 37.5
715A - 300.0
733a - 15.0
Non-cumulative guide

Of course, these numbers mean nothing to me but if I ever need more paint mixed up, someone at the paint shop will be able to decipher it.



Also, my earlier thought that there was some fancy machine to match the color? Nope, nothing nearly that sophisticated. He started with a close match using a paint chip book, mixed up a sample then started adding ingredients to adjust. Wow, I had no idea that this was such a manual process. Lets hope it worked!