Monday, January 4, 2010

Now I know what time it is

A while back, I removed the clock to try and replace a missing adjustment knob and shaft. I removed the trim ring and pulled the clock apart and was looking for something I could use as a shaft and knob. As luck would have it, I happened across a post from fellow F-chatter Radiopilot. Apparently, he works on these old Veglia Borletti clocks. I contacted him and he was able to replace the missing pieces of my clock (as well as reassemble it) for the ridiculously low price of $25. It was well worth the money to have the work done properly. He even polished the glass and the trim ring!



It seemed almost a shame to put this shiny clock back in the grungy dash next to the dirty oil temperature gauge. I may have to pull the temp gauge out for cleaning just so it doesn't look out of place. If anyone out there has a Veglia Borletti clock in need of repair, Nick is your guy. See his post on F-chat here.